Using Azure document Db as Mongo provider

December 6, 2016 at 7:23 PMVicent Galiana
Since Document DB started supporting Mongo's protocol I was wondering if we could have Sitecore running on Document DB. And today I managed to get it running. It threw a couple of exceptions the first time, but since then I don't see any error and, apparently, everything is working fine. (Of course, I Haven't tested it thoroughly).  The first step is creating the Database as a service for mongo on Azure Go to the portal and click on New Filter by "mongo" Select Database as a service for MongoDB Fill in your details for name, subscription, resource group and location Create the required databases Select the Resource you've just created. On the overview tab, you can only find the option to add collections. We don't need to create each of the collections, Sitecore will do it for use, but what we have to do is create the database. Go to the "Browse" section. Now you will see the option to "create database" on the top of the new blade. Create 4 new databases: Analytics Tracking_live Tracking_History Tracking_contact   Update the connection strings Get the connection string from Azure. Select the connection string option, from the settings section. Then copy the connection string from the bottom of the new blade   Replace your connection strings  Open your connection string file: ...Website\App_Config\ConnectionStrings.config Replace the connectionString for the connection analytics with the value you just copied from the portal. You will notice that this connection string is missing the database. To include the database, find the text "/?ssl=true" at the end of the string. We have to include the database after the "/". It should look like this: "xxxxxx/analytics?ssl=true"; Do the same for the other 3 databases. Save the file. Sitecore will re-start, but will throw errors like "Unable to connect to server Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream". This is because the mongo provider is not using configuring SSL correctly. We are lucky, Sitecore gives us the opportunity to set up the driver, before it uses it. Set up mongo provider to use SSL "Properly" You can follow these two links to implement your own solution or you can use mine from here.  Just drop this dll in the bin folder, and this config file in the app_settings/include folder That's it. Now your Sitecore will connect to DocumentDB and will start creating the required collections.  DocumentDB with support for mongo is still in preview, and this provider is not supported by Sitecore, so You shouldn't use it for production environments but if you are "playing" with Sitecore on Azure and you want to keep everything in Azure as Sitecore is doing with 8.2.1 supporting Azure webapps, Azure search, Azure Redis cache, etc.  with this trick, you can now use DocumentDB to store your collection database Please, let me know if you find errors using DocumentDB

Posted in: Azure | SiteCore

Tags: , , ,

How to support diacritic search on Sitecore 7 (Search with special characters)

April 6, 2014 at 6:20 PMVicent Galiana
Is your content created on a language with diacritics? Do you need to return the same results if user types the word with or without the diacritic? (a==á?). Have look, it´s easy!
[More]

Posted in: SiteCore

Tags: , , , ,

Using anchor links on ecm

April 2, 2014 at 10:26 PMVicent Galiana
Is ECM breaking your links to anchors? Find out how to fix them. [More]

Posted in: SiteCore | SiteCore ECM - Email Campaign manager

Tags: , , , ,

Sitecore Azure Error Startup task ended with error 532462766

March 29, 2014 at 8:46 PMVicent Galiana
How to fix the error 532462766 [More]

Posted in: Azure | SiteCore

Tags: , , , , , ,

Sitecore ECM Opened emails not registered on Azure CD server

November 24, 2013 at 11:22 AMVicent Galiana
Sitecore Azure module 2.0 has an error on the default transformation code of Content delivery farms. In fact, Sitecore Azure module 3.0 inherited the same error in the Global web config patch. When you combine this error with ECM, the result is that you don't get opened emails information when you set up your base url to your CD servers. Why? Becaouse the functionality to register this "event" uses your "Content database", and it is not available. If we have a look at the transformation fields (or patch fields), we´ll find this section: <xsl:template match="sitecore/sites/site[@content='master']/@content"> <xsl:attribute name="value">web</xsl:attribute> </xsl:template> Looks fine right? This changes the content database of any site from master to web, exactly what we need. Are you sure? The result of this transformation is site name="xxx" value="web" So, how can we fix the problem? <xsl:template match="sitecore/sites/site[@content='master']/@content"> <xsl:attribute name="content">web</xsl:attribute> </xsl:template> As easy as that. replace "value" by "content", save, upgrade files and problem fixed, now you can see who opened your emails. This error is not only related to ECM, as this will break any site using the Content Database.

Posted in: SiteCore | SiteCore ECM - Email Campaign manager

Tags: , , , , ,

Reviewing Sitecore logs on Azure. ClearPeople Azure Log Viewer Module

April 23, 2013 at 4:14 PMVicent Galiana
When you use the Module Sitecore Azure 2.0 to move your Sitecore web site to Azure, you lose the log files and the old log viewer become useless. This module bring the logs back to Sitecore backend. [More]

Posted in: Azure | SiteCore

Tags: , ,